- 3 1/4 cups flour, sifted
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 3 oz. bittersweet chocolate, grated
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- Canola oil for forming and frying
- 3 oz unsweetened chocolate, grated
- 2 cups of confectioner’s sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Whisk flour, baking powder, soda, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl; set aside.
- In an electric mixer, with a paddle attachment, combine sugar, butter, bittersweet chocolate, vanilla, buttermilk, and eggs. Beat until smooth.
- On low speed, slowly add the dry ingredients and mix until soft dough forms.
- Heat 2″ of oil in a 6-qt. saucepan until a thermometer reads 350°. Using lightly oiled hands, roll about 1/4 cup batter into a loose sticky ball; pat gently into a disk. With your thumb, make a 1 1/2″ hole in the center of the dough; carefully slide into oil and fry, flipping once, until puffed and golden, about 3 minutes. Once cooked, transfer onto a baking sheet with a wire rack. Repeat process until all donuts are cooked and let cool completely.
- Mix unsweetened chocolate and confectioners’ sugar in a bowl.
- Bring cream and 2 tbsp of water to a boil in a pan over high heat.
- Pour cream over chocolate; let sit for 2 minutes without stirring, then whisk until smooth.
- Dip tops of donuts in glaze and return to rack until glaze has set.
(FOUND BY JAZEL)
Original Link: Saveur