- 40 saltine crackers
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped nuts
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Line a large jelly roll pan with aluminium foil and spray with non-cooking spray. Lay the saltine crackers evenly on the pan.
3. In a saucepan, melt the butter and brown sugar over medium heat. Bring it to a boil and let boil for 3 minutes without stirring. After 3 minutes, pour the hot brown sugar mixture evenly over the saltine crackers.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 5-7 minutes.
5. Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly across the toffee. Let them melt for a couple of minutes, then use a spatula to spread the chocolate across the toffee.
6. Sprinkle the nuts on top of the melted chocolate. Let the toffee and chocolate cool.Break the toffee into bite-sized pieces.
These crackers can be kept in a container for 1-2 weeks or in the freezer for a couple of months.