Makes: 48 Prep Time: 10mins Total Time: 48mins – chilling
“These cookies are crispy at the edges, chewy in the centre, and loaded with 2 kinds of chocolate. Feel free to add 2 cups of walnuts or pecans to the dough.”
- 3 ½ cups of all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1 ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 ¼ cups fat, room temperature (use 1 cup butter, ¼ cup margarine)
- 1 ½ cups packed light-brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 8 ounces milk chocolate, chopped then weigh
- 1 cup coconut
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugars on medium high until light and fluffy, 6 minutes. Reduce speed to a medium-low and beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat in the vanilla. Mix in flour mixture just until incorporated; fold in chocolate chips and chunks.
- Using and ice cream scoop or a large spoon, drop dough onto parchment lined baking sheet and refrigerate for 1 hour. Preheat oven to 350° with racks in upper and lower thirds. Arrange 12 unbaked cookies. 2 inches apart on each 2 parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake until edges are light golden brown, 12-15 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through! Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool.
- Freeze unbaked cookies on a baking sheet until firm; store in a resalable plastic bag in the freezer, up to 1 month, bake from frozen.