for the brownies:
- 1 ¼ cups cake flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 ¼ cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
for the peanut butter layer:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- pinch of salt
for the chocolate glaze:
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- to make the brownies, preheat oven to 325 degrees. line a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with foil and spray lightly with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- in a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking powder; set aside.
- melt the chocolate and butter in a large heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water until butter is completely melted and mixture is smooth. remove bowl from saucepan and gradually whisk in sugar. add eggs one at a time, whisking after each addition until thoroughly combined. whisk in vanilla. add flour mixture in three additions, folding with a rubber spatula until batter is completely smooth and thoroughly combined.
- pour batter into prepared baking dish, smooth the top, and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center of brownies comes out with only a few moist crumbs attached. cool on wire rack to room temperature, about 2 hours.
- to make the peanut butter layer, in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and peanut butter together on medium speed until smooth. add confectioners’ sugar and salt and beat until smooth and fluffy, about 3 to 4 minutes. transfer the peanut butter frosting to the brownie pan. using a spatula, smooth frosting over brownies.
- to make the chocolate glaze, combine chocolate chips and heavy cream in a microwave safe bowl. microwave for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 20 seconds until chocolate is melted and smooth. spread chocolate over peanut butter layer. store brownies in refrigerator until chilled, about 2 to 4 hours. remove from fridge, cut and serve.
(FOUND BY SIERRA)
Original Link: Oh Sweet Basil