- 3 cups bread flour, plus extra for work surface
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp instant or rapid-rise yeast
- 1 ⅓ cup ice water
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil, plus extra for work surface
- 1 ½ tsp table salt
- 1 can whole peeled tomatoes, drained and liquid discarded
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced or pressed through garlic press
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 125 mL sauce
- 5 mL Italian seasoning
- ½ cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups of whole milk mozzarella, shredded
- For the dough: In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, process flour, sugar, and yeast until just combined, about 2 seconds. With machine running, slowly add water through feed tube; process until dough is just combined no dry flour, 10 seconds. Let dough stand for 10 minutes.
- Add oil and salt, process until dough is satiny, sticky ball that separates from bowl, about 30-60 seconds. Remove dough and knead until smooth. Shape dough into tight ball, place in large bowl, lightly oiled bowl. Cover tight and refrigerate for at least 24 hours – up to 3 days.
- For the sauce: mix all ingredients in a food processor until smooth, about 30 seconds. Transfer dough from bowl to container and refrigerate until ready to use.
- To bake pizza: 1 hour before baking pizza, adjust rack to second highest position, set pizza on rack, heat oven to 500F. Remove dough from fridge and divide in half. Shape each half into smooth, tight ball. Place lightly on oiled baking sheet, spacing them at least 3 inches apart; cover loosely with plastic wrap coated with non-stick cooking spray. Let stand.
- Coat 1 ball of dough with flour and place on well floured countertop. Use fingertips, gently flatten into 8-inch disk, leaving 1 inch of outer edge slightly thicker than the center. Spread half a cup of sauce and bake for 10-12 minutes.