- 3 egg whites
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 2/3 cups icing sugar
- 1 cups ground almonds
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Beat the egg whites in a bowl with a stand mixer with a whisk attachment until foamy. Beat in sugar and beat until whites are glossy, fluffy, and hold soft peaks. Sift the icing sugar and almonds in a separate bowl and quickly fold the almond mixture into the egg whites, about 30 strokes.
3. Spoon a small amount of batter into a plastic bag with a small corner cut off, then pipe a test disk of batter, about 1.5 inches in diameter, onto the sheet. If the disk holds the peak instead of flattening right away, gently fold batter a few more times then re-test.
4. When the batter is mixed enough to flatten, spoon into a bag fitted with a plain, round tip. Pipe the batter onto a baking sheet in rounds, making sure to leave space between the disks. Let the piped cookies stand out at room temperature until they form a hard skin on top, for about 1 hour.
5. Preheat the oven to 285°F
6. Bake cookies until set, not browned, for about 10 minutes, cool before filling. Fill with Ganache, Nutella, or any desired filling.