- 1 cup dates
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2-3 tbsp. milk 1 tsp
- vanilla 4-5 cups corn flakes
- 10-12 oz. dark chocolate
1. Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Add dates and salt to a bowl in a food processor, and process to a thick paste. Add peanut butter and 2 tbsp. milk, and process until smooth and creamy. Scoop the mixture out and into a microwave safe bowl, microwave for 30 seconds, stir, and microwave for another 30 seconds, continue until it is warm and melty. Stir in the vanilla. If it is too stiff, add one more tbsp. of milk, no more. If there is too much milk, it will be soggy.
3. Add the cereal to a large bowl and slowly mix in the peanut butter mixture until combined. Press into the dish into an even layer.
4. Microwave chocolate in 30 second intervals, stir after each interval until melted. Spoon the chocolate over the bars in a layer. Cover the pan and refrigerate for 1.5-2 hours until firm. (You can also put it in the freezer for 30 minutes)
5. Remove 10 minutes before serving, cut the bars and store in the fridge.