- 175 mL warm water
- 10 mL active dry yeast
- 7 mL sugar
- 625 mL all-purpose flour, plus additional for kneading
- 7 mL kosher salt, plus coarse sea salt for sprinkling ½ cup oil, divided
1. Combine warm water, yeast, and sugar, not warm or cool, until yeast is bubbly and has an intoxicating odour. About 15 minutes
2. Using dough hook, mix flour, 1 tbsp. salt, ¼ cup oil, and yeast mixture on low. When dough begins to form, knead for 5 to 6 minutes on medium speed until smooth. You can add a bit of flour if too moist.
3. Put dough on floured surface, then knead 1-2 times, you may still add flour as needed
4. Cover surface of mixing bowl with olive oil and place dough in bowl, proceed to cover the top with plastic wrap and store in a warmer area until dough has doubled in size (at least 1 hour)
5. Coat a jelly roll pan with ¼ cup of oil.
6. Place dough on the pan, and press to fit into the pan size. Turn dough over to ensure that all dough is covered in oil. Continue to fit into pan. Use fingers to make holes deep into the bread. Place dough in a warm place; ensure it has doubled in size, about 1 hour. Preheat oven to 425o F while you wait for the dough to rise. Sprinkle sea salt liberally and lightly drizzle oil on top of the bread. Bake until the top is golden brown, approximately 25-30 minutes. Let cool before slicing and serving. Enjoy.