- 3 cups 2% milk
- 6 tbsp butter
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp. sugar
- ½ cup warm water
- 2 (8g) packages active dry yeast
- 9 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. cinnamon
- ¾ cups butter, divided
1. Scald the milk, then stir in butter, 6 tbsp sugar, and the salt- Cool to lukewarm.
2. Dissolve 5 mL sugar in lukewarm water. Sprinkle the yeast over the water mixture and let stand in a warm place for 10 minutes; stir.
3. In a large bowl combine the lukewarm milk mixture and the eggs. Stir in the dissolved yeast.
4. Add 4-5 cups of flour and beat well for 10 minutes. With a wooden spoon, gradually add enough of the left over flour to make a soft dough.
5. Turn the dough onto a floured surface, knead until smooth and elastic, adding flour as needed (soft dough).
6. Put in greased bowl and roll the dough around in the bowl to grease the top. Cover the bowl with a damp cloth and let it rise in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
7. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, and the cinnamon- set this aside
8. Punch down the risen dough, place it on a floured surface and divide in half.
9. Roll out each piece of dough into an 18 by 9 inch rectangle. Spread butter on each
10. Spread the leftover melted butter in the bottom of a 16 ½ x 11 ½ x 2 ½ inch pan.
11. Sprinkle and equal portion of the sugar/cinnamon mix evenly over each rectangle of dough.
12. Roll each rectangle tightly like a jelly roll, starting from the long side. Pinch the seam to seal. With a sharp knife, cut into 2 inch slices.
13. Arrange the slices, cut side down, in a pan. Cover loosely with greased wax paper. Let rise in a warm place for 45-60 minutes or until doubled in size.
14. Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 35-45 minutes or until slightly browned. Remove from the oven and run a knife around the edges of the buns. Immediately invert on a serving tray, let cool, and ENJOY!!!!