- ½ pound butter
- 1 cup plus 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- Pinch of salt
1) In a large bowl, mix together butter and sugar until incorporated. Do not overmix.
2) Add egg and vanilla. Mix on low speed.
3) Add flour and salt. Mix on low speed until dough is formed.
4) Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
5) Turn the dough out onto a sheet of plastic and from into a bowl. Wrap dough tightly and refrigerate for 1 hour.
6) Work on well-floured surface, knead the dough slightly, squeezing it with your hands to flatten into a disk
7) Roll dough to ¼ inch thick then cut out using cookie cutters. Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350°F.