- 10 cups (approx.) Popped popcorn
- 1 cup hard margarine (or butter)
- 2 cups packed, brown sugar
- ½ cup corn syrup
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp Baking soda
1. Put the popped corn into an extra-large bowl.
2. Combine the margarine, brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt in a large, heavy saucepan. Heat and stir on medium heat until boiling. Boil without stirring for 5 minutes.
3. Add vanilla and baking soda. Stir. Mixture will bubble and foam, pour over the popped corn. Toss until all of the pieces are coated, spread on 2 large ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 250°F (120°C) in the oven for 1 hour, and stir every 15 minutes. Cool Completely. Break apart and store in resealable freezer bags. Makes about 24 cups.